The Westfield Riding Club’s Games Day will be loads of fun! Come ride with a great group of people and play all your favorite games with your horse! There’s no judge—all classes are you competing against your friends and the clock.
Date & Time:
Sunday, August 12, 2018 :: 9:00 am
Games Day participants may enter all or part of ONE division only (no cross-division entering) . The following divisions will be offered at Games Day:
- In Hand Division
Open to all horses, all breeds. Horse/Handler pairs who compete in In-Hand classes may not compete in any mounted classes. However, a horse can compete in In-Hand classes with one handler and compete in mounted classes with a different person riding. Classes: 1, 6, 11, 19, 24, 29, 34, 39
- Youth Walk/Trot Division
Open to all riders younger than 18 years old who do not canter or lope at this event for any reason. Classes: 2, 7, 12, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40
- Adult Walk/Trot Division
Open to all riders over 18 years old who do not canter or lope for any reason at this show. Classes: 3, 8, 13, 21, 26, 31, 36, 41
- Youth Division
Open to all riders younger than 18 years old who walk/trot/canter. All breeds, all disciplines.
Classes: 4, 9, 14, 15, 22, 27, 32, 37, 42
- Adult Division
Open to all riders older than 18 years of age who ride walk/trot/canter. Classes: 5, 10, 23, 28, 33, 38, 43
Open to riders under the age of 8 years old and any special needs person (any age), all seats. Handlers must be 14+ years old or older.
Classes: 16, 17, 18
Non-Division Classes include Sit-A-Buck and a Groom’s class.
Classes & Prizes:
Each division (except the Leadline Division) consists of eight classes: Simon Says, Water Race, Egg & Spoon, Barrel Race, Carrot Race, Scurry, Pole Bending Pattern, Keyhole (see descriptions below).
Championship/Reserve Championships will be awarded in each division..
All classes cost $10 each. A late fee of $15 will be charged for entries received after Tuesday 8/7.
Games Day Rules & Guidelines:
The rules for the Westfield Riding Club Games Day are basically the same as for WRC shows. Unless otherwise specified, Westfield Riding Club shows follow the United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) Rule Book. Click here to download the 2016 USEF Rule Book. Club-specific rules and guidelines appear below
- Entry forms must be postmarked or submitted electronically by Monday, August 6, 2018 to avoid paying late fees. Entries received after that date will be subject to a $15 post-entry fee.
- All riders must complete and submit an Entry Form before entering the show ring for any class.
- Games Day starts at 9:00 am. Entry Forms must be turned in at the Secretary’s Booth by 8:30 am to ensure entry into desired classes.
- Games Day fees must be paid at the Secretary’s Booth on the day of the event. Classes may be paid by check or in cash. Checks are preferred. Please provide a separate check/payment for each horse/rider pair.
- Massachusetts State Law requires a Negative Coggins dated within the past 12 months for each participating equine.
- Riders in Walk/Trot divisions may not enter canter classes and may not canter or lope on the grounds for the entire day. Doing so will result in elimination without refund.
- Riders in the In Hand division may not enter any riding classes e
- WRC reserves the right to add, split, combine or cancel classes.
- All horses must be healthy and serviceably sound. Horses that are visibly lame, ill, or in physical distress will be excused.
- Unruly horses will be excused. Horses that kick must have a red ribbon on their tail. Stallions must wear a yellow ribbon on their tail. No Junior exhibitors or Beginners may show a stallion.
- Helmets MUST be worn by ALL exhibitors who are mounted. Helmets must be worn by in-hand handlers who are 12 years old and younger.
- Western riders may wear chaps in all classes.
- Classes may be held for up to 2 minutes. Holds must be requested 2 classes in advance.
- No dogs or other non-equine animals are allowed on the grounds during the event.
- Patterns for any classes requiring them will be available at the Secretary’s booth.
- Point standings will be announced when they are ready. No inquiries please.
- Points: 1st = 7 2nd = 5 3rd = 4 4th = 3 5th = 2 6th = 1
Links and Downloads:
Use the links below to register for classes online or to download information including class lists, and registration forms.
Email us at email@example.com.