The Westfield Riding Club’s 2021 Games Day will be loads of fun! Come ride with a great group of people and play all your favorite games with your horse! There’s no judge—all classes are you competing against your friends and the clock.
Date & Time:
Sunday, August 15, 2021 :: 9:00 am
The following divisions will be offered at Games Day:
- Open Horse In Hand Division
Open to all horses, all breeds. Classes: 1, 6, 14, 19, 25, 30, 36, 41
- Youth Walk/Trot Division
Open to all riders younger than 18 years old who do not canter or lope at this event for any reason.
Classes: 2, 7, 15, 20, 26, 31, 37, 42
- Adult Walk/Trot Division
Open to all riders over 18 years old who do not canter or lope for any reason at this show.
Classes: 3, 8, 16, 21, 27, 32, 38, 43
- Youth WTC
Open to all riders younger than 18 years old who walk/trot/canter. All breeds, all disciplines.
Classes: 4, 9, 17, 22, 28, 33, 39, 44
- Adult WTC
Open to all riders older than 18 years of age who ride walk/trot/canter.
Classes: 5, 10, 18, 23, 29, 34, 40, 45
Open to riders under the age of 8 years old and any special needs person (any age), all seats. Handlers must be a least 14 years old or older.
Classes: 11, 12, 13
- Jackpot Classes ($15 per class)
Open to all.
Classes: Jackpot Sack Race, Jackpot Cookie Race.
Non-Division Classes include Sit-A-Buck and a Groom’s class.
Divisions & Prizes:
Each division (except the Leadline Division) consists of eight classes: Simon Says, Egg & Spoon, Barrel Race, Flag Obstacle Race, Carrot Race, Scurry, Pole Bending, Keyhole (see descriptions below).
Championship/Reserve Championships will be awarded in each division..
All division classes cost $10 each; jackpot classes are $15 each. A late fee of $15 will be charged for entries received after Tuesday 8/10.
Games Day Rules & Guidelines:
Unless otherwise specified, Westfield Riding Club follows the American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA) Rule Book. Click here to download a PDF of the 2021 AQHA Rule Book. Club-specific rules and guidelines appear below
- Entry forms must be postmarked or submitted electronically by midnight the Tuesday prior to the show (Tuesday, August 10, 2021) to avoid paying late fees. Entries received after that date will be subject to a $15 post-entry fee.
- All riders must complete and submit an Entry Form before entering the show ring for any class. Games Day starts at 9:00 am. Entry Forms must be turned in at the Secretary’s Booth by 8:30 am to ensure entry into desired classes.
- Games Day fees must be paid at the Secretary’s Booth on the day of the event. Classes may be paid by check or in cash. Checks are preferred. Please provide a separate check/payment for each horse/rider pair.
- Massachusetts State Law requires a Negative Coggins dated within the past 12 months for each participating equine.
- Riders in Walk/Trot divisions may not enter canter classes and may not canter or lope on the grounds for the entire day. Doing so will result in elimination without refund.
- WRC reserves the right to add, split, combine or cancel classes.
- All horses must be healthy and serviceably sound. Horses that are visibly lame, ill, or in physical distress will be excused.
- Unruly horses will be excused. Horses that kick must have a red ribbon on their tail. Stallions must wear a yellow ribbon on their tail. No Junior exhibitors or Beginners may show a stallion.
- Helmets MUST be worn by ALL exhibitors who are mounted. Helmets must be worn by in-hand handlers who are 12 years old and younger.
- Western riders may wear chaps in all classes.
- Ear bonnets, martingales, tie downs, split boots, bell boots, and polo wraps are all acceptable. Any mechanical device is not allowed.
- Classes may be held for up to 2 minutes. Holds must be requested 2 classes in advance.
- No dogs or other non-equine animals are allowed on the grounds during the event.
- Patterns for any classes requiring them will be available at the Secretary’s booth.
- Day End Point standings will be announced when they are ready. No inquiries please.
Points: 1st=7; 2nd=5; 3rd=4; 4th=3; 5th=2; 6th= 1
- Jackpot classes are $15 each (classes 24 & 35). These classes are not included in divisions. Points from these classes will NOT count toward division championships but will be counted for overall day end and high point awards.
Jackpot Payouts: 1st= 50%; 2nd=25%; 3rd=10%
- After the show begins, the fee for all scratched classes must be paid in full, except in the case of injury to horse or rider.
***Westfield Riding Club has an ALL GRASS arena! Please keep the safety of you, your horses, and others in mind at all times when competing in timed events. Show Management reserves the right to remove, without refund, any exhibitor who is deemed unsafe and/or who does not follow these safety guidelines.***
Links and Downloads:
Use the links below to register for classes online or to download information including class lists, and registration forms.
- Online Registration Form
- Downloadable Registration Form
- Class List with Rules, Prizes & Awards
- Class Descriptions & Patterns
Email us at email@example.com.